Welcome, I'm SO VERY GLAD you've come :)
This is probably one of the most important blogs you'll come across, purely because you'll only get the truth here. If you've ever wanted to know the truth about what is in our foods and products, the truth about our health, the best way to live each and every day to the fullest, and how to live in peace and harmony with our Earth WITHOUT compromising on the things you love... you've come to the right place! While I'm learning the art of website building, I'll be writing post after post on here without catagorising it, so it may be a bit of a mess but bare with me - the wait for the main site will be worth it! There will be a heck of a lot of info going up here in the coming months, with hopefully an online shop to follow next year. Stay tuned my Apples, a change is coming xxx

Wednesday 25 January 2012

Hello!!

A warm and wonderful welcome to you!!

This blog is something that is very close to my heart.

It’s about food. It’s about drinks. It’s about cosmetics, creams, and cleaning. It’s about growing food. It’s about our right to know what is REALLY in our day to day products – and more importantly what it is doing to our bodies. It’s about profits, the easy way vs the right way, big business, and how all these things work against us.

I will be providing easy to read information on additives, individual products, brands, chemicals, organic gardening (my hobby!), comparing products, and trying to find alternatives to all our old favourites.

This isn’t an extremism blog. I’m not a hippie. I am just me. I am a part of the collective whole that is humanity and we all live on this planet. And all I want is to live this life the best way I can.

I called this blog Apples aint Apples, because apples continually top the list of EWG’s (the Environmental Working Group) Dirty Dozen – a list measuring the amount of pesticide residue on produce after it is washed and cleaned. Apples that used to grow in Great Nan’s yard 100 years ago are in no way comparable to apples today. Apples just aint apples. You can check out their website and get the full list of the Dirty Dozen, and well as the Clean Fifteen here: http://www.ewg.org/foodnews/

Wherever possible, I will provide links to other websites where you can get more information on what you’re reading about. None of the information I put on here will be new – it’s all been said before. This is simply about spreading the knowledge that’s already available (sometimes, though, not readily!).

Now for the big fat disclaimer. I’m NOT a “professional”. I’m not a doctor, dietician, scientist, or any other label you want to give me. I don’t have any qualifications on pieces of paper from big institutions. Read the info, take it or leave it. No one is forcing you to follow anything said on here, and I hereby reject any responsibility of your actions. I will, however, be following my own advice. You, on the other hand, need to make your own choices.

From here, you should probably go to the START HERE tab, located up the top somewhere, I think. It will break down where everything is, and how to navigate successfully to find what you want.

I hope all this info helps, and I hope we can share this with as many people as possible.
It is my goal to get this blog going first, and eventually transfer it to a proper website when i figure out how it all works!
I really believe that the answer to a lot of our problems lies in the products we use and consume. I hope you’ll all join me on this journey of health and discovery!



Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment